The University College London (UCL) is a popular public research university situated in an urban area — London, UK. Since established in 1826, the university has received over £143 million in endowments and has drawn over £1.544 billion in budget.
The University College London has academic affiliations with several bodies like the Alan Turing Institute, ACU, ENTER, EUC, Francis Crick Institute, G5, Golden Triangle, LERU, Russell Group, SES, Thomas Young Centre, UCL Partners, UCLH, University of London, URA, and Universities UK. The university has over 4,620 academic staff and over 5,375 administrative staff. Every year, the University College London enrolls about 19,715 undergraduates and 21,380 postgraduates.
The University College London UK B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022 was made to celebrate the achievements of the renowned international law expert, Professor B.S Chimni.
The B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022 is open to exceptionally good students who might not be able to gain access to the MA in Refugee Protection. Also, the applicant must be a resident in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Laos, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Pakistan, and Indonesia.
Keep reading to know about what you need to apply for the scholarship, their offer rate, eligibility, selection criteria, and more.
The University College London UK B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022 is a partial scholarship. This means that the school will award you some funds that will aid you in paying off some fees. At some point, you will still need to pay for tuition and other outstanding fees.
The B.S Chimni Scholarship is only eligible to international and refugee applicants from Bangladesh, Laos, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Pakistan, and Indonesia.
To be eligible for the University College London, UK B.S Chimni 2022 Scholarship, applicants must:
- Acquire an offer of a place on the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies by distance-learning.
- Be a citizen and reside in one of the following countries: Bangladesh, Laos, Sri Lanka, Myanmar, India, Nepal, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Pakistan, and Indonesia.
- Show excellent academic performance or potential in the field of study and is able to show evidence by past achievements
- Hold an undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) that is comparable to a UK upper second class honours degree, in law or other relevant subject
- Be able to take up the offer of a place on the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies due to financial circumstances.
Not everyone qualifies for the University College London, UK 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship. People who fall under this category will be exempted from the 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship.
- Students currently studying for a University of London award will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Applicants who already have a Master’s degree might not be privileged in the scholarship selection process.
- You will be exempted from the B. S. Chimni Scholarship if you have not been given an offer for the University of London distance learning MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration programme.
- You will not be considered for the 2022 B.S. Chimni Scholarship if you already are a registered student.
- You will be exempted from this scholarship if you have previously applied and been rejected for this scholarship and could not demonstrate a better change in personal circumstances that would help you meet the criteria for the B.S. Chimni Scholarship.
- If you do not meet the requirements (including the academic requirements) for the MA Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies distance learning course.
The University College London, UK B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022 is made available for only students that hold an undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelor) that is comparable to a UK upper second class honours degree, in Law or other relevant courses. The 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship is targeted at students who have an interest in MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies.
The University College London, UK B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022 is only available for MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies offered by distance learning.
The 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship award is worth £9,017. Scholarship award benefits can only be applied on registration fees and course module fees. It cannot be used to cover study materials, IT equipment, or re-submission fees.
The 2022 B.S. Chimni Scholarship can be awarded in addition to other scholarships and funding, but it cannot be awarded in conjunction with other University of London bursary or scholarships.
The applicants who received a letter offering them a place on the MA in Refugee Protection will be invited to apply for the 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship if they meet the eligibility criteria.
The scholarship application is submitted through an online form that is different from that of the admission to the MA Programme. In the scholarship form, applicants are required to state their past academic achievements that are relevant to the field of study, professional positions held, personal information, and financial situation.
Applicants will also have to write a short statement about their motivation in applying to the MA Programme and for the scholarship.
All applications will be reviewed to check if applicants fulfills the eligibility criteria using the University’s procedures. Successful applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications.
Language Requirements and IELTS – Level 6.0 (with a least subtest score of 5.5) may be required from international students.
The University College London, UK B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022 application will be awarded to applicants that want to start studies in the October 2022 admissions of the MA Programme.
The Scholarship application deadline for the University College London, UK 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship is 17 August 2022. Any applications that will be received after the deadline will not be considered.
Also, applicants should ensure that their applications for the admission to the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies are submitted no later than 1 August. Admission applications for the MA in Refugee Protection and Forced Migration Studies that are completed after 1 August 2022 may not be processed in time or at all.
The 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship will be awarded in October 2022.
In the University College London, tuition fees vary by “band” and course of study. Fees are paid per year and are about £21,600 for Arts-related subjects. The Autumn (Fall) Term is usually 45% of the full year fee and costs £9,720. Spring/Summer Terms are usually 55% of the full year fee and cost £11,880.
Tuition fees or any other financial deposits must be paid online using a credit or debit card through the University College London’s online payment service. To pay your tuition fee, select ‘tuition fees’ and then ‘financial deposits’.
- The Financial Assistance Fund
The financial assistance fund is a financial aid for UCL students who has fallen into unexpected financial hardship.
- Short term Loans
The short term loans are limited loans that offer cash up £250 and are made available to students who need quick funding and are experiencing delay in the normal funding from being paid.
- External grants and funding
Some charities and organisations offer financial support to current students studying in particular subjects or are in a particular circumstance.
- Funding for disabled students
The University College London offers several financial aids for disabled students. This funding applies to both home and international students. Some of the funding for disabled students include Disabled Students’ Allowances (DSAs), Student Health Association Bursary, Snowdon Masters Scholarships, etc.
- External scholarships
External scholarships can be gotten from online aggregators like Postgraduate Studentships, Scholarship Search, Postgraduate Funding and International Financial Aid and College Scholarship Search have information and offer a variety of external scholarships that are acceptable in the University College London.
- Maintenance loans
The University College London, UK 2022 B.S Chimni Scholarship is an opportunity for students seeking financial aid to study in a tertiary institution. Although the scholarship is a partial one, students can apply for other financial aids like short term loans, bursaries, external and UCL scholarships, maintenance loans, etc.
Studying in the University College London is something to celebrate. The university stands as one of the notable university with a 15.6% acceptance rate and an A score in for bachelors and a B score for Masters graduation rate.
- “B.S Chimni Scholarship”. University of London. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “University College London UK B.S Chimni Scholarship 2022”. Scholarships Ads. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “University College London”. Multirank. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “Funding for students on postgraduate taught courses”. University College London. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “B.S Chimni Scholarships for Masters Students at the University of London, UK 2022-23”. Jevemo. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.