Nottingham Trent University, England is one of the most popular and 6th largest public research universities in the UK. Nottingham Trent University has six campuses that are situated in urban, suburban, semirural, and rural areas in the United Kingdom. Since established in 1843, Nottingham Trent University has received over £5.218 million in endowments and has drawn over £313 million in budget.
Nottingham Trent University has academic affiliations with several bodies like the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the European University Association.
Nottingham Trent University has received many applications from students all over the world and has enrolled students from different countries, economic backgrounds, and ethnicity. Every year, Nottingham Trent University enrolls about 28,915 undergraduates and 6,870 postgraduates. And have about 3,430 administrative staff.
Nottingham Trent University International Scholarship was made to aid international students to study for either their undergraduate or postgraduate degrees. The Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships are generally open to exceptionally good students who want to put their energy into pursuing their career ambitions.
Keep reading to know about what you need to apply for the scholarship, its acceptance rate, eligibility, selection criteria, and more.
The Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships is a partial scholarship. Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will be awarded either a 50% or 25% discount on tuition fees.
The scholarship award will aid elevate the payment load of the tuition fees for international students seeking admission to both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. At some point, students will still need to pay for tuition and other outstanding fees.
The Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships are open to all International and European students.
To be eligible for Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships, applicants must:
- have an offer of a place on an eligible course (excluding SQE Preparation courses, PGDL, LPC, BTC, Distance Learning, and Exchange students) and be classed as an overseas student for tuition fee purposes (‘international student’).
- Students who have applied to study at the University for a place on an eligible course with Nottingham Trent University will be considered for a scholarship application.
- International and European students are eligible to apply for the Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships.
- International students who apply early (before the deadline).
- Students who have all the required documents and passed the required tests.
If you are studying at an institution that has a partnership agreement with Nottingham Trent University you are eligible for either a Nottingham Trent University International Scholarship or the Partner Progression Discount (the higher amount would be deducted from your tuition fees).
Nottingham Trent University accepts diverse students and does not relegate them to a type of applicant. The Selection process is made without regard to sexual orientation, gender, ethnic origin, marital status, gender identity, race, social background, caste, color, disability, or religion.
Not everyone qualifies for Nottingham Trent University International Scholarship. People who fall under this category will be exempted from the International Scholarships.
- Postgraduate applicants who do not have an undergraduate degree or equivalent will not be able to complete their undergraduate program before the deadline.
- Students who have graduated with GPAs do not reach the required GPA for the chosen course of study.
- People who are seeking funds to study at a different university rather than Nottingham Trent University.
- Applicants who have performed poorly on their English Language Test.
- Home students are exempted.
- International students who receive sponsorship (your tuition fees are being paid by an employer, government, or funding body in full or in part) are not eligible to apply for an International Scholarship.
- Applicants who apply for the scholarship after the deadline.
Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships are made available to Postgraduate applicants that hold an undergraduate degree (e.g. bachelors) that is comparable to a UK upper second class honors degree in selected courses and students who want to enroll in undergraduate programs.
The Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships are available for all courses of study except a few which are excluded at the postgraduate level. The excluded courses include:
- LLM BTC, LLM LPC (full-time, part-time, distance learning)
- LLM (distance learning)
- MSc Human Resource Management (part-time)
- MA International Relations (Online)
- MA Social Work
- MA Advanced Social Work Practice
- MA Careers Leaders Training Programme,
- MArch Architecture
- MSc Biomedical Science (flexible learning).
The Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships range from £2,000 to 50% of your tuition fee.
Students who have been awarded the Nottingham Trent University International Scholarship can still apply for other financial aid at the university. Nottingham Trent University also offers other external scholarships that can be used for funding at a different university.
Nottingham Trent University offers a lot of International Scholarships. To apply for the Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships, applicants must find their desired international scholarship and apply through their links. International applicants are automatically considered for an international scholarship when they apply for admission through the online application form.
When applying for admission at Nottingham Trent University, students are also required to submit supporting documents like original academic records from high school, a resume, and a personal statement that may address:
- Why do you choose to study the course of your choice.
- The interests you have and how it relates to your chosen course of study.
- Why Nottingham Trent University is the place you have chosen to study that course.
- What your career goals are and your plans after graduation?
- And more
Applicants must also meet entry education requirements for the university’s postgraduate program they are applying to. Other things to consider include references, interviews, and offers.
– Level 6.0 (with the least subtest score of 5.5) may be required from international students.
All applications will be reviewed to check if applicants fulfill the eligibility criteria using the university’s procedures. Successful applicants will be informed about how their scholarship funds they will be awarded.
Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships will be awarded to applicants that will be starting their postgraduate studies in the 2022/2023 session.
The Scholarship application deadline for the 2022/2023 International Scholarships is 29 June 2022 for September 2022 admissions. The application deadline for January 2023 deadline has not yet been communicated.
At Nottingham Trent University, tuition fees vary by course of study. The tuition fees for undergraduate and foundation home students are usually about £9,250 per year. While part-time home students pay about £6,935 per year and students doing a placement year pay £1,385. Undergraduate international students pay about £18,000 or more. Postgraduate courses usually cost around £21,500 per year of study.
Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships is a partial scholarship. This means that at some point, some students will have to pay off outstanding fees by themselves.
Outstanding school fees like course fees and living expenses, which includes food, accommodation, heating, books and stationery, and travel (which cost about £7,012 or more per year) will have to be paid by the students.
Tuition fees are a yearly payment which is acceptable in pound sterlings and other currencies. Students are urged to pay 50% of the tuition fees during enrollment and can continue paying in installments (up to three times). Nottingham Trent University offers an array of ways students can pay for tuition including Online card payment, Payment by bank transfer, and Payment in cash.
Students who have not made plans to pay all or part of their fees will receive only Temporary Enrolment status and will be given the notice to arrange payment.
Nottingham Trent University offers other financial aid which may be external and require an additional application or internal and offer automatic consideration for students who meet the set criteria. They offer a range of scholarships, bursaries, and funding for undergraduates and postgraduates.
Some of the financial aid include:
- NTU Excellence Scholarships
25% and 50% of the tuition fee. For undergraduate courses, the first year only then £3,000 following years.
- NTU International Scholarships – £2,000
- NTU International Merit Scholarships – £3,000
- Regional and Subject Scholarships (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
The regional and subject are scholarships that target a particular course of study for applicants from a particular country whilst offering up to 50% in tuition fees.
- Impact Scholarships
- NTIC Distinction Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships
- Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships
- Entente Cordiale Scholarships
Nottingham Trent University International Scholarships is an opportunity for students seeking financial aid to pursue a degree program at the university. Studying at Nottingham Trent University is something to celebrate. The university stands as one of the notable universities with a 15% acceptance rate and a 86% graduation rate.