Keele University, sometimes called the University of Keele, is a known public civic research university situated in a rural area — Keele, Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire, UK. Since being established in 1949, the university has received over £0.95 million in endowments and has drawn over £148 million in budget.
Keele University has academic affiliations with several bodies like the ACU, EUA, Universities UK, Midlands Innovation, and UWM. The university has over 860 academic staff and over 875 administrative staff. Every year, Keele University enrolls about 8,490 undergraduates and 2,395 postgraduates.
The Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) 2022/2023 is made open to international students that surpass the published entry requirements. As always, Keele University has opened its doors again to welcome new students for the 2022/2023 scholarship for only undergraduates. The scholarship applies to all available courses of study.
Keep reading to know about what you need to apply for the scholarship, their offer rate, eligibility, selection criteria, and more.
The type of scholarship offered by Keele University is a partial scholarship. This means that the school will award you some funds that will aid you in paying off some fees. At some point, you will still need to pay for tuition and other outstanding fees.
The Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) 2022/2023 is open to all International students. This means anybody from any country can apply.
International applicants surpassing published entry requirements and Keele Foundation Year students progressing to a UG course at Keele stand a chance at qualifying for the 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG).
Scholarships are awarded automatically to students selected for admission as there is no scholarship application form for students to apply with. Immediately after you are admitted for studies, you will be awarded your scholarship funds.
Not everyone qualifies for the 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG). Here is a short list of the category of students or applicants that may not be considered for the 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG).
- The scholarship does not apply to part-time students. Only full-time students who will start their studies in September 2022 will have access to the scholarship funds.
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are entering Foundation Year study.
- Students undergoing medicine programs at the university may not be considered for the scholarship.
- Programmes delivered through the Harper and Keele Veterinary School are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Students who are funded by their local Government, charities or private organizations.
- The scholarship does not apply to students who are fully studying online courses offered by Keele University.
The 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) is made available for only undergraduate degree students and postgraduate students are left out.
The 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) covers all the courses of study in the undergraduate program except medicine programs and programs delivered through the Harper and Keele Veterinary school.
The 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) award is worth £2,500 per year. Scholarship award benefits will be awarded per year of study to only international undergraduate students who are not funded by the local government, charities or private organizations.
- Application for The 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) is made directly through the regular online admission application form. There is no separate form to apply for a scholarship.
- When applying for admission, students are also required to fill in their details and qualifications, choose a course of study, and submit supporting documents like a personal statement which addresses:
- Why you choose to study the course of your choice.
- The interests you have and how it relates to your choiced course of study.
- Why Keele University is the place you have chosen to study that course.
- What your career goals are and your plans after graduation.
- Information about your current studies – what you particularly enjoy about the subjects you are studying and reasons why you have chosen them and, where appropriate, the relevance of these subjects to your chosen degree course
- Reflect on the skills that you have gained from your current qualifications, work experience (paid or unpaid), positions of responsibility (within School/ College, work or as part of a team, club, or society) and how this will help you in your future studies at University
- Your interests outside academia, some information about you as a person and the reasons why you would like to study at undergraduate level
Applicants must also meet entry requirements for the university’s undergraduate program they are applying to.
Other steps applicants will have to pass through are:
Your appointed admissions advisor may ask you for a referee’s name and contact details. Your referee is expected to be somebody that has worked with you or taught you in an academic or professional setting within the past two years.
If your application is reviewed and you are considered for admission, an interview date will be set. The interview can either be in person, where you can have the opportunity to have a school tour or chat with other students, or via zoom. The interview is informal as the student will be asked more questions about themselves, their interest in the course of study, and their reason for choosing to study at the University of Keele. The student will also be allowed to ask questions too.
Within a few weeks of the interview, if the University of Keele considers you a good fit, they will contact you informally and make you an offer.
- Language Requirements and IELTS – Level 6.0 (with a least subtest score of 5.5) may be required from international students.
The 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) application for UCAS 2023 undergraduate entry opens on 3 May 2022. Applicants can submit their application to UCAS. There is an early deadline for applications for Medicine and Veterinary Medicine courses is on 15 October. Equal consideration deadline is on 25 January 2023.
UCAS extra opens on 23 February 2023 ,and 30 June 2023 is the last date to apply to UCAS in the ‘Main Cycle’. Any applications submitted after the last date to UCAS will automatically be entered into Clearing which starts on 5 July 2023.
Tuition fees vary by “band” and your course of study. Fees are paid per year and can range from £14,700 – £24,200. It is ideal to contact Keele University to discuss and plan your tuition fees, and make payments.
- Federal Student Aid (FSA) Loan
FSA loans are an excellent aid for students struggling to meet school fees. Apply for the Federal Student Aid (FSA) loan through the online application form. The University of Keele (OPEID) number is 030294.
- Maintenance loan
- Support funds and schemes
Keele University offers various support funds and schemes to help all students regardless of what type of program they are running or whether they are full-time or part-time students. The support funds and schemes offered include hardship fund, emergency loans, support fund, and rent guarantor scheme.
- Scholarships and bursaries for international students
Keele University offers a wide range of scholarships and bursaries for international students. They include Keele international excellence scholarship (PGT), Developing countries scholarship, Keele alumni discount, Vice Chancellor scholarship, Full time MBA scholarship, US Federal Student loans, Chevening scholarships, Commonwealth scholarships, Great scholarships, Marshall scholarships, MSC AI and Data Science scholarship, Article 26 asylum seeker bursary, The Keele postgraduate research alumni discount (KPGRAD), and The Fee Difference Waiver for International Students on a Ukri-funded Studentship.
- Funding for UK Students
Home students can also apply for some of the Government-backed fundings. They include Student Finance England, Student Finance Wales, Student Finance Northern Ireland, NHS Learning Support Fund, Student Award Agency for Scotland, and Student Loans Company.
The 2022/2023 Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) is an opportunity for students seeking financial aid to study in a tertiary institution. Although the scholarship is a partial one, students can apply for other financial aids like the FSA loan, bursaries, student financial loans, maintenance loans, etc.
Studying in the University of Keele is something to celebrate. The university stands as Britain’s best university (as ranked by students), and it got the Global Sustainability Institution of the Year, plus it has a 96% graduate employability rate.
- “Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG)”. Keele University. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “Keele University England U.K Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) 2022/2023”. Scholarships Ass. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “Start your Application”. Keele University. Retrieved on 3 August 2022.
- “£2,500 Keele University England UK Keele International Excellence Scholarship (UG) 2022/2023”. Pick a Scholarship. Retrieved on 2 August 2022.
- “Student Financial Support”. Keele University. Retrieved on 2 August 2022.