If you are seeing this post, it means that you are looking for information about the American Visa Sponsorship Program and how you can proceed with application. Well, first of all, it is important to let you know that the American Visa Sponsorship program is real and free with instant approval once you meet the requirements.
Immigrating to the United States through the American Visa Sponsorship Program offers you the opportunity to live and work permanently in the country.
It is no news that the United States is one of the best countries of the world to live, work and also study in. there are a lot of great opportunities that comes with working or running a business in the United States and when it comes to education, it is home for some of the best universities in the world.
So you are heading to the right direction if you want to work, live and study in the U.S.
So in this post, we are going to tell you everything you need to know about the American Visa Sponsorship Program and how you can apply for it.
What is the American Visa Sponsorship Program?
The program is also called the Diversity Immigrant Visa Lottery Sponsorship Program and it offers immigrants the opportunity to live, work and study in America legally. It also covers bringing the whole family- that is the immediate family to America which can help in increasing their chances of becoming an American citizen.
The program is overseen by the Department of State and conducted under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA).
The American Visa Sponsorship Program selects around 55,000 people every year to pursue an immigrant visa at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate in their home country or adjust their status in the United States through the Department of Homeland Security (if the foreign national is residing legally in a nonimmigrant status in the United States at the time of the application.
Benefits of the American Visa Sponsorship Program
Here, we are going to be looking at the benefits of the DV Lottery Program to students, self-employed persons and employees.
Benefits of the DV Lottery Program to Students
- Their university tuition fees can be reduced to about 80%.
- They get unlimited work permit
- They can apply for the U.S. federal student loans
- They do not have to go through the long and complicated process of applying for a student visa.
Benefits of the DV-Lottery Program to an Employee
- A work visa will not be required
- Indefinite employment contracts and change of employer are no problem.
- Less strict work requirements than for other non-Americans.
- Free choice of employer.
Benefits Of The DV-Lottery To A Self-Employed Person
As a self-employed person going through the DV Lottery Program, you get certain permits like business license or trade licenses which can be obtained more easily and quickly.
Eligibility Criteria For The American Visa Sponsorship Program
There are two major eligibility requirements that you must meet to be eligible for the program and they are:
You must come from a country whose citizens are qualified for the program. If you are not from any country that qualifies for the lottery program, there are other ways that you can qualify and they are:
You can have a spouse that is a native of a country that qualifies and both you and your spouse must be named on the selected entry, issued diversity visas and enters the United States simultaneously.
You must meet the education and work experience requirement of the DV-Lottery program either by having at least a high school education or its equivalent which is a successful completion of a 12-year course of formal elementary and secondary education or two years of work experience within the past five years in an occupation that requires at least two year of training or experience to perform.
What You Should Know When Applying For The American Visa Sponsorship Program
When you want to apply for the American Visa Sponsorship program, you must know the following:
- The selection of applicants is based on the allocations of available visas in each region and country, the Department of State will select individuals randomly by computer from different qualified entries.
- The entrants of the DV-Lottery Program must go to the Entrant Status Check using the unique confirmation number saved from your online entry registration to find out whether your entry has been selected in the program.
- If your entry is selected, you will be directed to a conformation page and further instructions will be provided like information about fees connected with immigration to the U.S.
- Entrant Status Check is the only way the Department of State will notify selected applicants of their selection for the American Visa Sponsorship.
- The Department of State will not send a mail to notify selected applicants and the U.S. embassies and consulates will not provide a list of selected applicants.
- Individuals who were not selected will also be notified through the Entrant Status Check on the E-DV website.
- Every entrant should keep their confirmation number until September 30 and December 7, 2022. Whether they are initially on the selection list or not.
- Ensure that you do the Entrant Status Check yourself.
Eligible Countries For The American Visa Lottery
Let’s look at some of the eligible countries who natives can apply for the American Visa Lottery:
- Central African Republic
- Burkina Faso
- Cape Verde
- Sao Tome Principe
- Cote D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast)
- Equatorial Guinea
- The Gambia,
- Sierra Leone
- South Africa
- South Sudan
- East Timor
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- North Korea
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- United Arab Emirates
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
- Macau Special Administrative Region
- Northern Ireland
- San Marino
- Vatican City
Dependent areas in Great Britain
- British Virgin Islands
- Cayman Islands
- Falkland Islands
- St. Helena
- Caicos Islands.
How To Apply For American Visa Sponsorship Program
The American Visa Sponsorship Program which is also called the Diversity Visa Lottery is done online and to apply, you will have to follow the steps we will be highlighting below:
- Visit the Department of State website at www.dvprogram.state.gov.
- Click on registration or apply button
- Fill in and upload all required documents in the appropriate fields
You don’t have to wait till the last week of registration before you enter as they would be heavy demand at that point and so the website might experience some delays. Entries will not be accepted after noon on November 7, 2022.
Some other things you should know about the American Visa Lottery Program
What You Must Do To Get Approved
Here are guidelines of things that you must do to get approved:
- You must maintain a single profile for any online registration as this will help you to defend your profile. Do not make things difficult by creating multiple profiles so that it will be easy for you to claim your award.
- You must use correct details whether for online or offline applications. If you are not sure of the information you are using, check before adding the details to your application.
- Ensure that you ask questions regarding your registration before starting.
- Make sure you use valid documents to make it easy for your approval.
- Use the recommended document in format and size on the application form.
- Do well to follow up your application from the beginning to finish to get approved.
- Make sure you use an effective and active email address for notification.
Here are some other conditions you will have to meet:
- DV selectees must be admissible to the United States
- The DS-260, online immigrant visa and alien Registration Application is done electronically and the consular officer will ask you questions in person about your eligibility to immigrate to the U.S.
- The Department of State will not issue DVs nor can USCIS approve adjustments after this date, nor can family members obtain DVs to follow-to-join the principal applicant in the United States after this date.
Some Of The Advantages Of The American Visa Lottery
- There is less official paperwork to fill as renewal is only needed once every ten years unlike other kind of residency permits where you will have to renew either every year or every two years.
- The U.S. Federation Election Committee will allow you to contribute and participate in political campaigns.
- You will be able to sponsor any immediate family member and relative to come to the United States to stay with you.
- You will have the opportunity to travel in and out of the U.S. The visa lottery serves as a permanent status in the country and so you are seen as a U.S. citizen.
- You get better career opportunities as you will be able to work for any employer in the U.S. provided you are an American Visa Lottery holder.
- You get to pay less tuition fee as a student holder the American Visa Lottery. You will be seen as in-state resident and so you will pay tuition fee like in-state students.
What You Need To Know About Scams
There are always scammers that will try to trick you and defraud you of your money all in the name of applying for the DV-Lottery program. Here are some things they will do:
- They will charge you money to help you apply.
- They will send you a message saying you won and ask you for money
- They will promise you to increase your chances of being selected.
One thing you should know is that the American Visa Lottery program is free and the drawing is random and so there is no way to increase your chances of being selected. Visit: https://dvprogram.state.gov/ to get more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there a visa lottery for USA?
The DV-Lottery program is one that gives immigrants the opportunity to come to the U.S. every year as long as they meet the requirements for the program. The DV-Lottery Program is also called the American Visa Sponsorship Program or the Green Card Lottery.
- Is the Visa Lottery free?
The American Visa Lottery is free and the drawing is random and done by computer. You will have to find out if you were selected through the Entrant Status Check as the Department of State will not send any notification.
If you are selected and permitted to apply, you will have to pay a fee but it will be in person at a U.S. embassy or consulate.
- What happens after I win the U.S. Visa Lottery?
Information about whether you win or not will be ready in 7 months and it can take up to 14 months for the government to schedule your interview and issue your visa depending on how soon you apply for your visa.
- Who is eligible for the Green Card Lottery?
Everyone is eligible for the Green Card Lottery although there are two criteria that every participant must meet which are the country of birth and level of education. You must have proof of these two requirements at the time you win the lottery.
- How much is the U.S. visa lottery fee?
Each applicant will have to pay the Diversity Visa fee. The DV-2022 applicant fee is $330 per person and it is nonrefundable whether you get a visa or not.
The United States is notably one of the best countries to live and work in and so you shouldn’t hesitate in applying for the American Visa Sponsorship program as it is a very good program to go through if you want to get Green Card in USA.
The official way to apply for the program is online at the U.S. Department of State website: www.dvprogram.state.gov/.
Make sure you watch out for fraudulent websites or emails that are claiming to be agents of government officials of the United States Government so as not to fall victim of scam.
- theamericandream.com- green card lottery results
- jobfied.com – apply for American visa sponsorship program
- getfood.ng – American citizenship and immigration visa sponsorship program 2022
- techonary.site – American citizenship immigration visa sponsorship program 2022
- northgist.com Applying for an American Visa Sponsorship To Work study and live in USA
- onlinedailys.com – American Visa Sponsorship Program 2022-2023 | Immigrate to the USA